Bellevue Car Accident Lawyer
Bellevue is a great place to settle down and raise a family. Yet, many of its uphill, winding roads require close attention behind the wheel. When a road user doesn’t navigate the area with caution, and they cause an accident, they can bear liability for any resulting damages.
Were you injured in a King County car accident? A Bellevue car accident lawyer from Herschensohn Law can pursue compensation for your medical bills and lost income. You don’t have to learn the law to build a solid case. Instead, you can team up with our advocates. Dial (206) 588-4344 to learn more.
The Benefits of Partnering With Our Car Accident Attorneys in Bellevue
The last thing you want to deal with is a complicated personal injury case. Right now, you should focus on healing and spending time with your loved ones. In the meantime, our car accident lawyers can support you by:
- Negotiating with the involved parties for a fair settlement offer
- Protecting your best interests
- Filing all relevant paperwork
- Communicating with relevant parties on your behalf
- Taking your claim to court if needed
- Answering any questions you have about your case
- Guiding you through the claims process and advising you on your best options
Affording these services is easier than you might think. Our firm works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we won’t charge you a cent upfront or hit you with surprise legal fees. We take a portion of your settlement as payment.
What’s more, we offer all prospective clients free case reviews. During your no-obligation conversation with our team, we can discuss your case, its potential, and what you can expect in the weeks ahead.
Our Lawyers Seek Full Compensation for Your Bellevue Car Accident
The details of a car accident vary from case to case. Some involve minor injuries, whereas others entail severe, life-changing conditions, like traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) or paralysis.
Recoverable damages also vary from case to case. How much you can recover depends on:
- Your degree of fault (if any)
- The types and severity of your injuries
- The party responsible for your injuries
- The outcome of settlement negotiations
- The law firm you choose to work with
At Herschensohn Law, we believe in empowering our clients. We’re prepared to review the details of your case to determine the value of your losses. You don’t need to enter settlement negotiations unprepared. By understanding what your case is worth, we can fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
Compensable losses may comprise:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages (if you were forced to take time off work after the crash)
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Vehicle repairs
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
Our Bellevue car accident lawyers can explain which specific damages apply to your case.
I Was Partially At-Fault for My Car Accident. Will I Still Receive Compensation?
In Bellevue, at-fault and comparative-fault rules apply to car accidents. Here’s what to know:
- At-fault rule: Washington is an at-fault state. This means that the responsible party is always liable for compensating those they injured, regardless of the context of the accident. Remember, though; the onus is still on you or your lawyer to prove that someone else caused your injuries.
- Comparative fault: Under this law, you can access compensation regardless of your degree of responsibility. However, the amount of compensation you receive hinges on how responsible you were for your accident. For example, if a jury finds you are 40% responsible, you would only receive 60% of the money damages awarded by the verdict.
How Do I Pursue Compensation?
There are several ways to receive compensation for your injuries after a car accident. Here are two examples:
- You can rely on your own insurance: Various types of insurance, like comprehensive car insurance (which is optional) or medical insurance, can provide coverage for your losses. However, remember that the only kind of car insurance you must carry in Washington State is liability coverage. This insurance only pays for other people’s losses, not yours.
- You can pursue compensation from the responsible party: If you can prove that another party, individual, or driver caused your accident, you could file a claim with their liability insurer or pursue a lawsuit. Many cases settle without a lawsuit being filed.
We Take Care of All Insurance-Related Matters
We may first start your case by filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance. However, the claims adjuster isn’t necessarily on your side. They may try to reduce your compensation or outright deny your claim.
Our Bellevue car accident lawyers can navigate this process on your behalf by:
- Explaining what you should and shouldn’t say to insurers
- Handling all insurance negotiations
- Pushing back against unfair claim denials
- Evaluating your losses
- Managing all bureaucratic matters
Our Lawyers Use Evidence to Prove the Other Party’s Negligence
As noted, proving that someone else caused your injuries is essential. Failure to do so could reduce the amount of compensation you receive.
At Herschensohn Law, our team has this base covered. We can review the following types of evidence to build a compelling case:
- Expert insight
- Traffic camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Your medical records
- Physical evidence
- Black box data
Sifting through the aftermath of a car accident is complicated, but we make it easy.
What Should I Do After My Car Accident in Bellevue?
Acting quickly after a car accident is essential. If possible, these steps can bolster your case’s outcome:
- Seek medical attention: Medical records provide verifiable documentation of your injuries. We also want you to make a full recovery.
- Gather evidence: Gather everything related to your case, from the contact information of involved parties to images of the crash scene.
- Consider legal support: You don’t need to face the aftermath of your accident alone. You have an advocate with Herschensohn Law.
Contact Our Bellevue Car Accident Lawyers Today
Ready to work alongside a firm with a proven track record? Call our offices for a free case evaluation. Today, you can find out why injured claimants in Bellevue come to us again and again with their legal troubles. Dial (206) 588-4344 to meet with our team.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.