Bellevue Car Accident Lawyer
Bellevue’s uphill, winding roads require close attention behind the wheel. When a road user doesn’t navigate the area with caution and causes an accident, they can bear liability for any resulting damages.
Were you injured in a King County car accident? A Bellevue car accident lawyer from Herschensohn Law can pursue compensation for your medical bills and lost income and arrange your car accident settlement. You don’t have to learn the law to build a solid case. Instead, you can team up with our advocates. Dial (206) 588-4344 to learn more.
The Benefits of Partnering With Our Car Accident Attorneys in Bellevue
The last thing you want to deal with is a complicated personal injury case. Right now, you should focus on healing and spending time with your loved ones. In the meantime, our car accident lawyers can support you by:
- Negotiating with the involved parties for a fair settlement offer
- Protecting your best interests
- Filing all relevant paperwork
- Communicating with relevant parties on your behalf
- Taking your case to court if needed
- Answering any questions you have about your case
- Guiding you through the claims process and advising you on your best options
Affording these services is easier than you might think. Our firm works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we won’t charge you a cent upfront or hit you with surprise legal fees. We take a portion of your settlement as payment.
What’s more, we offer all prospective clients free case reviews. During your no-obligation conversation with our team, we can discuss your case, its potential, and what you can expect in the weeks ahead.
Our Lawyers Seek Full Compensation for Your Bellevue Car Accident
The details of a car accident vary from case to case. Some involve minor injuries, whereas others entail severe, life-changing conditions, like traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) or paralysis.
Recoverable damages also vary from case to case. How much you can recover depends on:
- Your degree of fault (if any)
- The types and severity of your injuries
- The party responsible for your injuries
- The outcome of settlement negotiations
- The law firm you choose to work with
At Herschensohn Law, we believe in empowering our clients. We’re prepared to review the details of your case to determine the value of your losses. You don’t need to enter settlement negotiations unprepared. By understanding what your case is worth, we can fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Recoverable Damages in a Bellevue Car Accident Case
Compensable losses in a car accident case are generally divided into two categories:
Economic damages directly affect your financial situation, and they include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages (if you were forced to take time off work after the crash)
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Vehicle repair costs
- Any money you spent out of pocket
Do not forego medical treatment because of your current financial strain. We can hold the liable party financially accountable for everything you’ve incurred.
Non-economic damages can significantly increase the value of your personal injury claim. They don’t have monetary values that come with receipts. Rather, their values depend on many aspects of your situation, including your estimated recovery period.
Examples of these damages include:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring, disability, and disfigurement
Non-economic damages can come in many forms. So, if you are not sure whether your damages are recoverable, connect with our team. We can offer guidance and insight after listening to your situation’s details.
Our Bellevue Injury Firm Has Recovered Millions
At Herschensohn Law, we are dedicated to our clients and their financial recoveries. When you entrust us with your injury claim, you can breathe easy knowing we’ll pursue everything you need––just as we’ve done for countless others. Here are some of our stories:
- We empowered our client to recover $700,000 after a collision with a commercial truck. He required rotator cuff surgery and missed time from work. Yet, we’re proud to share that the settlement we secured accounted for each of his losses.
- Our client felt at a loss after a drunk driver caused a life-threatening collision. We recovered $450,000 to account for surgical costs and their pain and suffering.
- A drunk driver caused our client to suffer multiple broken bones that required a long-term recovery period. We secured $375,000 for their losses.
We poured our time, energy, and resources into each of these cases. Now, we’re ready to do the same for you.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Work With the Statute of Limitations in Mind
In Washington, RCW 4.16.080 states that you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. This may seem like a lot of time, but three years can go by fast. Additionally, for the best possible results, you want to give your lawyer as much time as possible to present your case.
Once you hire our team to manage your case, we will begin building your claim and ensuring all necessary paperwork is filed on time. You don’t have to worry about losing your right to seek damages when you entrust your case to Herschensohn Law.
Tell us about your potential case.
I Was Partially At-Fault for My Car Accident. Will I Still Receive Compensation?
In Bellevue, at-fault and comparative-fault rules apply to car accidents. Here’s what to know about:
- At-fault rules: Washington is an at-fault state. This means that the responsible party is always liable for compensating those they injured. Remember, though; the onus is still on you or your lawyer to prove that someone else caused your injuries.
- Pure comparative fault: Under this law, you can access compensation as long as you were not totally responsible for the accident. However, the amount of compensation you receive hinges on how responsible you were for your accident. For example, if you are 40% responsible, you could only receive 60% of your verdict or award.
How Do I Pursue Compensation?
There are several ways to receive compensation for your injuries after a car accident. Here are two examples:
- You can rely on your own insurance: Various types of insurance, like comprehensive car insurance or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance (both of which are optional), can provide coverage for your losses. However, remember that the only kind of car insurance you must carry in Washington State is liability coverage. This insurance only pays for other people’s losses, not yours.
- You can pursue compensation from the responsible party: If you can prove that another party, individual, or driver caused your accident, you could file a claim with their liability insurer or pursue a lawsuit. You could also file a lawsuit, although most cases settle before reaching that point.
We Take Care of All Insurance-Related Matters
We may first start your case by filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance. However, the claims adjuster isn’t necessarily on your side. They may try to reduce your compensation or outright deny your claim.
Our Bellevue car accident lawyers can navigate this process on your behalf by:
- Explaining what you should and shouldn’t say to insurers
- Handling all insurance negotiations
- Pushing back against unfair claim denials
- Evaluating your losses
- Managing all bureaucratic matters
Our Lawyers Use Evidence to Prove the Other Party’s Negligence
As noted, proving that someone else caused your injuries is essential. Failure to do so could reduce the amount of compensation you receive.
At Herschensohn Law, our team has this base covered. We can review the following types of evidence to build a compelling case:
- Expert insight
- Traffic camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Your medical records
- Physical evidence
- Black box data
Sifting through the aftermath of a car accident is complicated, but we make it easy.
What Should I Do After My Car Accident in Bellevue?
After a car accident, it is most important that you ensure the safety of yourself and anyone else who was in the vehicle with you. Move to a safe location, if possible, and call the police. If someone suffered injuries, tell the dispatcher.
Some additional considerations include:
- Seeking medical attention: Medical records provide verifiable records of your injuries. We also want you to make a full recovery.
- Gathering evidence: Gather everything related to your case, from the contact information of the involved parties to images of the crash scene.
- Considering legal support: You don’t need to face the aftermath of your accident alone. You have an advocate with Herschensohn Law.
We can’t emphasize the first point enough. Even if you are checked out at the scene of the accident and taken to a hospital, it is still a good idea to schedule follow-up appointments and seek treatment for lingering injuries. By seeking medical care, you create verifiable records of your injuries.
Be Careful When Speaking With Insurance Companies
Whether you elect to have a law firm represent you or not, you will receive phone calls from insurance companies in the days following your accident. Be wary of what you say to them, as anything you share can lower your settlement’s value.
If you have a legal representative, they can speak with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure there are no issues.
Our Previous Clients Share Their Comments About Our Injury Team
You want to breathe easy knowing that you have a dedicated law firm in your corner. We could go on and on about our commitment to your case’s outcome, but none share better remarks than our previous clients. When asked about their time with Herschensohn Law, some said:
- “Herschensohn Law worked by my side for almost four years when I was in an auto accident and were outstanding in everything they did! They went above and beyond to make my lawsuit as easy and stress free as possible for me while consistently showing genuine care for my well-being.” ––R.B.
- “Zach will always take time and give you quality advice that you can trust. Highly recommended!” ––A.Z.
- “[Attorney Herschensohn] kept me well informed and explained complicated issues in a way I could understand. He took the lead and guided me through everything necessary to achieve a successful outcome. Overall, I am very pleased with his service and would highly recommend him to anyone.” ––P.R.
- “Zach and his team performed beyond my expectations! I couldn’t have had a better firm in my corner.” ––J.S.
We’ve served countless clients since we first opened our doors. Our team advocates for financial justice. In the meantime, you can focus on your health and well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bellevue Car Accidents
You might have these questions in the aftermath of your King County car accident:
What Injuries Allow Me to Seek Damages?
You could seek damages following a car accident if you suffered:
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue injuries, such as whiplash
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
This isn’t an exhaustive list of conditions that could entitle you to compensation. You can also seek financial recovery if you lost a loved one.
How Long Does It Take to Recover Compensation?
How long it takes to recover damages depends on your situation. It could take days, weeks, or months to achieve a fair outcome. Our team keeps your case moving forward and avoids any delays that could jeopardize matters.
What Are Some Causes of Car Accidents in Bellevue?
Most car accidents result from negligence behind the wheel. For instance, speeding, distracted driving, intoxicated driving, and tailgating are three main causes of collisions. Other contributors can include faulty roadway conditions, inclement weather, and vehicular malfunction.
Contact Our Bellevue Car Accident Lawyers Today
Ready to work alongside a firm with a proven track record? Call our offices for a free case evaluation. Today, you can find out why injured claimants in Bellevue come to us again and again with their legal troubles. Dial (206) 588-4344 to meet with our team.
You pay us nothing up front for our legal help.
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.