Bellevue Personal Injury Lawyer
You could work with our Bellevue personal injury lawyers on your claim for compensation if you were hurt because of someone else’s negligence. The at-fault party should have to pay for your losses when a preventable accident caused you to suffer personal and financial losses.
We will fight relentlessly on your Bellevue personal injury case. We aim to secure an amount that will compensate you for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. After all, you should never have been forced to reckon with the effects of your accident.
At Herschensohn Law, our clients are our priority. You have plenty on your plate while you focus on your physical health and recovery. To facilitate your healing, we will take on everything related to your case, including communicating and negotiating with the at-fault party. You deserve tenacious representation during difficult times, and we hope to provide that. Call (206) 588-4344.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Bellevue, WA
We couldn’t possibly list every kind of personal injury claim we handle, but here are some of the more common cases we tackle:
- Car accidents
- Slip and falls
- Truck crashes
- Jones Act and maritime law incidents
- Wrongful death
- Motorcycle collisions
- Workplace accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous products
- Dog bites
Our law firm helps people who are injured because of someone else’s mistake or carelessness. If you don’t see your situation on this list, don’t worry. We can still assess your eligibility to file during your free consultation.
Benefits of Working With Our Bellevue Personal Injury Attorney on Your Case
We go the extra mile for our Bellevue personal injury clients. You deal with your health and well-being, and we will take care of the legal matters. The insurance company’s claim adjuster is not allowed to contact you directly when a lawyer represents you.
We will investigate the accident or incident, collect the evidence to build your case, and negotiate with the liable party’s insurer to reach a fair settlement. We can file a lawsuit if your personal injury case does not settle.
Recoverable Damages in Bellevue Personal Injury Claims
The amount and types of monetary damages you can pursue in your Bellevue personal injury case will depend on your unique circumstances. No two personal injury cases are identical because each injured person suffers unique losses.
Here are some of the categories of compensation we have recovered for our personal injury clients:
- Lost wages. When a person suffers a severe injury, they often miss time at work while recuperating. If you only received partial pay or no pay during that time, you may be able to claim lost wages from the negligent party.
- Medical expenses. Typically, the cost of your medical treatment is recoverable. The ambulance, trauma center, doctors, hospital, surgery, physical therapy, prescription drugs, and other related medical bills can be included in your demands.
- Pain and suffering. The physical discomfort and emotional distress of the accident and your injuries can be added to your personal injury case in addition to your lost wages and medical expenses.
This list is a small sample of the damages an injured person could pursue. It will still benefit you to talk with your personal injury attorney in Bellevue about all of the effects the accident and injuries have had on your life. We want to pursue compensation that will help to lessen your suffering now and in the future.
What We Have to Prove to Establish the Liability of the At-Fault Party
Washington law requires us to prove liability in personal injury cases. We cannot, for example, automatically collect compensation from the other driver in a car crash. We must establish all four of these factors to hold the other driver liable:
- Duty of Care. Everyone who operates a motor vehicle in Washington must obey the traffic laws and drive carefully.
- Breach of the Duty. When a person does not live up to their legal duty of care, they are negligent. Let’s say that the at-fault driver ran a red light. That conduct breaches the duty to obey traffic laws.
- Causation. Negligence, by itself, does not make a person liable for a collision. People make countless mistakes when driving. Only the mistakes that cause or contribute to an accident will subject a person to liability for the accident.
- Quantifiable Losses. If you have measurable damages, like physical injuries, from the accident, you have satisfied the fourth and final element.
We can go after monetary damages from the at-fault party after establishing liability by proving all of these elements. The process will look different depending on the type of personal injury case you file. In all cases, we use evidence like accident reports and eyewitness testimony to demonstrate the at-fault party’s negligence.
Time Limits in Bellevue Personal Injury Cases
Most personal injury and wrongful death cases in Washington have a statute of limitations of 3 years under RCW § 4.16.080. Depending on the type of case you file, you may have more or less time. An attorney from our firm will be able to identify any exceptions in your case, so you don’t lose your right to compensation because of a missed deadline.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Bellevue, WA?
You will not have to pay us any upfront attorney fees to take care of your Bellevue, WA personal injury case. We use contingency fee arrangements, so we only get paid a percentage of the settlement or court award after the resolution of your case.
We have a strict “no-fee” guarantee, which means that you only owe us money for legal fees if you win compensation.
How to Get Started with a Lawyer on Your Personal Injury Claim in Bellevue
At Herschensohn Law, we fight for the little guy against the insurance companies. If you got hurt because of someone else’s mistake or carelessness, we want to talk with you about the compensation you could receive from the at-fault party.
It is a simple matter to get started with our team on your Bellevue personal injury claim. All you need to do is reach out to us today for a free consultation. Call (206) 588-4344 to get started.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.