Slip and Fall Lawyer
Going to a store, out to eat, or just doing your job should not put your health at risk. However, it is all too common to find yourself in a terrible situation because of someone else’s mistake.
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property in Kent, WA, attorney Zach Herschensohn and his team can help you fight for the financial compensation you need to recover. Find out how our slip and fall lawyer can help you. Contact us today for your free consultation by calling (206) 588-4344.
Slip and Fall Injuries Can Leave a Lifelong Impact
Getting injured because you slipped or tripped and fell on someone else’s property can be frustrating, but if your accident was due to the negligent actions of the property owner, it can be even more upsetting. You could experience problems like the following:
- You may have sustained a painful injury to your hip, back, head, or another body part.
- You could be out of work and running out of money while your medical expenses continue to mount.
- The insurance company might be giving you the runaround, or worse yet, trying to say the serious injuries and the accident were your fault.
Slip and fall lawyer Zach Herschensohn can fight to get you a fair amount of compensation for your injury claim. He is not afraid to advocate for your needs in the courtroom in front of a judge and jury. His team is ready, willing, and able to fight for your rights and recovery.
Our Premises Liability Attorney Can Help You Get Your Life Back on Track
Insurance companies are notorious for lowballing injury victims and pressing them to accept quick cash settlements. They do this because they know the quicker that they can get you to settle, the less time you will have to find out the true cost of your slip and fall accident.
It is part of our job to help clients determine how much they deserve for damages like:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income or employment
- Reduced earning capacity
Herschensohn Law can calculate your injuries’ worth by collecting evidence from diverse sources and using legal formulas to “convert” intangible damages (e.g., pain and suffering) into a dollar amount.
We Fight Hard for Our Clients
We would be happy to manage your entire case from start to finish. All you have to do is visit your doctors and concentrate on getting well.
We can do all of the following and more as required:
- Offering a free case review to all callers
- Dealing with paperwork
- Handling all communications with the liable party
- Going to court to present your case before a judge and jury
- Addressing any concerns you have about the case
- Keeping you updated on how your case is progressing
How Do Kent and Seattle Slip and Fall Cases Work?
Individuals, businesses, and other entities that invite you onto their property are legally responsible for keeping their premises free of hazards so you can be safe. Unfortunately, some property owners and employees act recklessly and cause others to get injured in preventable accidents.
Some of the most common unsafe conditions that cause slip and fall accidents are:
- Wet floors
- Ripped up carpeting
- Uneven flooring or mats
- Cluttered aisles
- Unsafe stairs
- Icy sidewalks
- Poorly lit parking lots
Who Is Responsible for a Slip and Fall Accident?
To recover damages, you need to prove that the property owner or an employee contributed to or did not address the hazard that caused you to get hurt. Some common examples of premises liability cases include:
- A property owner knows that a damaged sidewalk on their premises needs repair, but they ignore the issue and fail to block off the hazard or put up warning signs.
- An employee mops the floor but fails to place a sign down that alerts customers or anyone else doing business on the premises that the floor is wet.
- A restaurant paints their wheelchair ramp with paint that is not fortified with grit, making it extremely slick when wet. They never re-paint the walkway with the correct product and put patrons at risk.
What If the Liable Party Blames Me?
Because Washington follows comparative negligence laws when awarding compensation to injury victims, property owners will often try to argue the accident was not 100 percent their fault. You can find this law at RCW § 4.22.005.
If you are found to be partially responsible for the accident, any compensation you are awarded will be reduced by the percentage you are found to be at fault. Common reasons to hold the person who slipped and fell at least partially responsible for the accident include:
- Taking part in a distracting activity, such as texting or talking on the phone
- Entering an unauthorized part of the property
- Ignoring caution signs or posted warnings
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is beneficial to speak with a Kent personal injury attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights. The last thing you want to happen is to get blamed for your accident and lose out on the compensation you qualify for.
You Have a Limited Time to Recover Slip and Fall Damages
In general, you have just three years from the date of the accident to take legal action against the at-fault party. This law is called the statute of limitations. You can find it in RCW § 4.16.080.
Aside from the statute of limitations, acting quickly may be in your best interests because:
- The sooner you start your lawsuit, the sooner we can start pursuing the money you deserve.
- Evidence of your accident may start to disappear or lose value as time passes.
The insurance company will not waste time in contacting you to offer settlements or ask for evidence.
Hurt on a Dangerous Premises in Kent or Seattle, WA? We Can Fight for Your Rights
Let our law firm advocate for your best interests. Contact Herschensohn Law today for your free consultation by calling (206) 588-4344 or by filling out our contact form. You pay nothing for our legal services unless we win. We also offer every potential client a free case evaluation where we can hear your case and offer legal advice.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.