Graham Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are on the rise in Washington State. According to the Washington Traffic Safety Commission, 2022 saw the highest number of traffic fatalities since 1990. It is vital that you take proper safety precautions when driving a car. Yet, even if you are the safest driver on the road, there is still the chance you will suffer a crash.
At Herschensohn Law, our Graham car accident lawyers can help after you have been injured in a collision. We can determine liability for your accident, adhere to the state’s statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit, and recover the compensation you deserve. To learn more about our suite of legal services, dial (253) 320-8524.
Why Choose Herschensohn Law After Your Car Accident in Graham?
The lawyer you choose to represent you following your accident can mean the difference between a straightforward claims process and a frustrating one. We pride ourselves on delivering client-centered care that prioritizes your needs above all else. We will not settle for a dollar less than you need.
When you hire us, we will:
Manage All Case-Related Communications
It is of the utmost importance that you have the necessary time to recover from your injuries following an accident. If you try to manage aspects of your case on your own, such as handling phone calls, text messages, and emails from the involved parties, you may not properly recover from your injuries.
Our team of car accident lawyers can handle all case-related communications on your behalf with claims adjusters, the other party’s lawyers, and eyewitnesses. Remember that the insurance company wants to avoid paying for damages, so you must be cautious when speaking with a representative. That is why we recommend that if anyone tries to contact you directly, you simply refer them to us.
Adhere to the Statute of Limitations
In Washington, you generally have three years from the date of your accident to sue the at-fault party. If you do not act within this time frame, then you cannot recover damages through the court system.
If you contact us in a timely manner, we can ensure you do not miss any case-related deadlines. Time is of the essence following an accident, and we want to build the strongest possible case on your behalf.
Determine Fault and Liability
Before you can recover damages, we must prove fault and liability.
Evidence that can prove liability includes:
- Traffic camera footage
- The police report
- Eyewitness testimony
- Testimony from third-party field consultants
- Accident reconstruction data
- Physical evidence, like the point of impact on your vehicle
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
With the information we find, we aim to show that because another party’s negligence caused your accident in Graham, they should pay for your losses.
Be Responsive and Keep You Apprised of Developments
All too often, car accident claimants don’t know what’s going on with their cases. You’ll never feel like you’re in this position with Herschensohn Law. We are always available to take your calls and answer any questions you have regarding your case. We will keep you apprised of developments surrounding your claim and put any worries you have at ease. This will allow you to rest and recover without stressing about your claim’s outcome.
Go to Court, if Necessary
We will not allow the insurance company to take advantage of you. If negotiations fail (or another issue impedes your claim’s progression), we can sue the at-fault party. This requires our team to:
- Take depositions and interrogatories
- Present compelling evidence
- Build a lawsuit
- File your case within the statute of limitations
- Object to unfair proceedings
- Explain your next steps
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Advise you on how to prepare for court
We will not reach a settlement because it is the easiest path forward. Herschensohn Law is committed to doing the right thing for our clients and keeping their best interests at the forefront.
Make Legal Help Financially Accessible
We offer all of our clients free consultations. During these conversations, we discuss their cases, weigh their options, and explain the benefits of partnering with our firm. You shouldn’t have to pay anything just to run your case by a representative.
Additionally, once you partner with us, you don’t pay retainers or hourly rates. You pay nothing up front. We will receive our payment from your settlement or verdict. This means that we recover no fees from you until you win your case. Our services will cost you nothing out of pocket.
Our Graham Car Accident Lawyers Can Seek These Damages
Accident-related expenses and losses can strain your financial resources. Yet, we can pursue every cost arising from the collision.
Compensable losses in your case may include:
Economic Damages (Your Financial Losses)
Economic damages are likely the first types of damages that come to mind after your accident. That is because they come with inherent monetary values.
These damages include:
- Medical bills
- Lost earnings
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage costs
- Anything you spent out of pocket, such as childcare expenses
To ensure that you are properly compensated for these losses, we can review receipts, pay stubs, bills, and other pertinent information. We may also consult with third-party experts, such as actuaries, to calculate the full cost of your damages.
Non-Economic Damages (Your Non-Financial Losses)
Non-economic damages do not have inherent monetary values. We determine their values based on the facts of your situation, such as the severity of your condition and the cost of your financial losses.
These types of damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Scarring and disfigurement
It is admittedly difficult to calculate some of these items. You may not even think that some of these damages are recoverable. However, everything that resulted from your car accident can be recovered through a lawsuit. If you are unsure if something is recoverable, speak with your Graham car accident attorney to ensure that you are properly compensated for these losses.
Can I Recover Damages if I Caused Some of the Accident?
Sometimes, both drivers are responsible for the accident that took place. If this is the case with your collision, you may feel like you do not have a path for recovering damages. That is not correct. As hopeless as things may seem, you have options.
Per Washington state law, drivers can be partially responsible for an accident and still recover damages. Their fault for the accident will be deducted from how much they can secure. For instance, if you caused 10 percent of the collision, and your verdict is $1 million, you can only recover $900,000.
This makes asserting fault for your losses crucial. We don’t want to leave a single dollar on the negotiating table at your case’s end. Using the police report, eyewitness testimony, and accident reconstruction data, we can demonstrate the cause of your collision, along with the other party’s liability.
We Have Recovered Millions for Car Accident Claimants in Pierce County
Attorney Zach Herschensohn and his team advocate for people like you every day. Our experience lends us valuable insight into what sets winning cases apart from unsuccessful ones. We are proud of the outcomes we have secured for car accident claimants.
Some of our case results include:
- We were honored to advocate for a mechanic who suffered a torn rotator cuff in a collision with a commercial vehicle. Our lawyers secured $700,000.
- Our client suffered a fractured jaw and a torn colon after colliding with a drunk driver. We fought for every penny they needed to rebuild their life, resulting in a $450,000 settlement.
- In another collision caused by a drunk driver, our client suffered severe orthopedic injuries. We secured $100,000 through negotiations.
What did each of these cases have in common? They all required the team at Herschensohn Law to prove negligence, apply civil law, and deal with insurance companies. You don’t have to manage a single case-related task on your own––not when you have our Graham car accident lawyers by your side.
What Previous Clients Say About Our Graham Car Accident Team
Our clients are our top priority, and there is nothing that makes us happier than a satisfied client. Here are some of the kind words some have shared about our quality of service:
- “Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Zach Herschensohn provided me with excellent service. He kept me well informed and explained complicated issues in a way I could understand. He took the lead and guided me through everything necessary to achieve a successful outcome. Overall, I am very pleased with his service and would highly recommend him to anyone.” – P.R.
- “Zach and his team performed beyond my expectations! I could not have had a better firm in my corner!” – Jon S.
Satisfied clients such as those above are why we do our job. We hope that at the conclusion of your case, you’ll have similar things to share about our Washington State car accident firm.
What to Do Following a Car Accident in Graham
The moments immediately following your car accident are crucial to your overall claim. These steps could minimize your case’s complications and make for a smooth legal process:
- Get to a safe location: While this will not help your claim, it will ensure the physical safety of you and your passengers. If you are unable to exit your vehicle in a safe manner, then stay there until the proper authorities show up.
- Call the police: By calling the police, you ensure that a police report is filed for your incident. This report will be very helpful when filing a claim against the at-fault party. The police can get testimonies from eyewitnesses––which can be vital to a successful settlement later on.
- Take photographs of the accident: Only do this if it is safe. Do not exit your vehicle and try to take pictures while traffic is still cruising past you. These photographs can show the location of both vehicles after the collision, the extent of your car’s damage, and other relevant factors.
- Schedule follow-up appointments with doctors: You should seek immediate medical care following your accident. Do not forego medical treatment because you are concerned about the costs. Additionally, schedule future appointments and receive any recommended treatment for your injuries.
- Avoid speaking to the insurance adjuster on your own: While you may feel inclined to deal with insurance companies yourself, this could prove more frustrating than you expected. Remember: the insurance company is not on your side. We are.
- Seek legal counsel: Do not let another party upend your life. If you were injured in an accident, then you should consider contacting a car accident lawyer in Graham. Using our years of experience, we can fight for an outcome that accounts for your accident’s hardships.
When you connect with our car accident team, you can learn more about your next steps and what measures could support your right to fair compensation.
Contact Herschensohn Law Today for a Free Case Review
As bills pile up and insurance companies continuously call, you may find yourself ready to settle just so the whole thing will end. Do not allow yourself to become overwhelmed by the situation. Remember, you have options and the right to recover significant compensation.
At Herschensohn Law, we are committed to helping our clients recover the compensation they deserve. We will speak with professionals on your behalf and get the financial outcome you are entitled to, so you can rest and recover from your injuries. To learn about partnering with one of our Graham car accident attorneys, contact us for a free consultation at (253) 320-8524.
Remember, the consultation is no obligation and you owe us nothing until we recover compensation for you.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.