There are many ways injuries can happen in an accident, and while some of them may only be considered minor injuries, others can be permanent and have lasting consequences.
Some injuries accident victims often suffer include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head injuries
- Facial injuries (cuts, bruises, scarring, and broken bones)
- Eye injuries
- Hearing loss
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Shoulder injuries, such as a separated shoulder or torn rotator cuff
- Back injuries, such as herniated discs or slipped discs
- Spinal cord injuries that may result in partial or permanent paralysis
- Abdominal injuries
- Knee injuries
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Fractured or broken bones
When you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s critical that you don’t wait to see a doctor to get treatment. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that the insurance company will question if you’re really injured. That can sabotage your personal injury claim and ruin your chance at fair financial compensation.