Seattle DUI Accident Lawyer
From the moment we get our driver’s licenses, we’re told: “Don’t drink and drive.” Yet, despite the billboards, PSAs, and laws, some people disregard this warning, and when they do, they put others’ health and safety at risk.
Did a drunk driver cause your accident and injuries in Seattle? If so, you have legal options with the team at Herschensohn Law. Our Seattle DUI accident lawyers can help recoup your losses through a claim or lawsuit. To explore your options during a free, no-obligation case review, dial (206) 588-4344.
When Attorney Zach Herschensohn founded Herschensohn Law, he had one goal in mind: to help injured people recover compensation for their losses. He personally knows how distressing the aftermath of an accident can be, especially for those unsure of their next steps.
He and his personal injury lawyers offer comprehensive legal help to injured claimants and their loved ones. When you partner with us, you get:
- Prompt responses to your questions. Your legal team is just a phone call away. If you ever have concerns about your case, we’re ready to put those worries to rest.
- Help on contingency. No upfront fees. No retainers, hourly rates, or fine print. Does this sound too good to be true? We never request our attorney’s fees upfront. A portion of your awarded settlement accounts for our efforts.
- A commitment to your legal rights. We’ve always advocated for our injured friends and neighbors in Seattle. When you entrust us with your case, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate on your side.
With Herschensohn Law, you don’t just get one lawyer; you get our entire drunk driving accident team. Our combined knowledge, resources, and insights aim to secure the highest settlement possible.
We Pursue Your Past, Present, and Future Injury-Related Expenses
Compensation should account for more than the hardships you’re suffering right now; it should account for each way the collision affected your life. After evaluating your case, we may identify these recoverable damages:
- Medical bills, including anticipated care costs
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary transportation arrangements
- Your car’s repairs or replacement
We can’t imagine the grief you feel if a drunk driving accident claimed your loved one’s life. While we know compensation can’t fully address your troubles, it can account for various expenses, from funeral costs to end-of-life hospital bills.
We Secure Settlements for Drunk Driving Accident Claimants in King County
Our team understands what goes into building and resolving successful drunk driving accident cases. Here are two of our achievements:
- Our client came to us after suffering a serious drunk driving accident. They suffered a fractured jaw and torn colon. We secured a $400,000 settlement, so they could get much-needed medical care.
- A devastating drunk driving collision caused our client to suffer orthopedic injuries. After gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and filing the claim, we won $100,000 on their behalf.
When you partner with Herschensohn Law, you should expect nothing but the best. We pour our hearts, souls, and legal resources into each case we handle, and we’re excited to advance yours. We manage the claims process and everything it entails, which includes:
- Investigating the collision
- Identifying your losses
- Interviewing witnesses
- Filing your claim and sending your demand letter
- Determining the liable insurance policy
- Negotiating a settlement
- Protecting you from uncooperative claims adjusters and other involved parties
We’re proud that we mostly resolve DUI accident claims through insurance settlements. Yet, our trial-ready lawyers have no problem heading to court if that could yield a favorable outcome. We’re familiar with many of King County’s courtroom officials, judges, and clerks. The relationships we cultivate empower us to seek justice and financial recovery.
“Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Zach Herschensohn provided me with excellent service. He kept me well informed and explained complicated issues in a way I could understand. He took the lead and guided me through everything necessary to achieve a successful outcome. Overall, I am very pleased with his service and would highly recommend him to anyone.”
“Herschensohn Law worked by my side for almost four years when I was in an auto accident and were outstanding in everything they did! They went above and beyond to make my lawsuit as easy and stress free as possible for me while consistently showing genuine care for my wellbeing. They even recommended amazing health care professionals for my injuries! Anything/everything I may have been confused/concerned about was addressed/explained so I felt comfortable with each move made in my lawsuit. Professional, courteous and attentive are just a few words I would use to describe this law firm and although I hope to never be in a similar situation again - if I do, Herschensohn Law will be my first call!”
“Zach and his team performed beyond my expectations! I couldn't have had a better firm in my corner!”
“This was such a great experience.”
“Zach will always take time and give you quality advice that you can trust. Highly recommended!”
There are many time-sensitive aspects of your case that we want to get a head start on. Two of those aspects include:
The State’s Statute of Limitations
RCW 4.16.080 notes that you generally have three years to file your lawsuit. This deadline, however, rests on many factors. It makes it crucial to promptly consider your options. If you miss your case’s filing deadline, even by a day, the legal system could refuse to hear your case.
- Make it difficult to compel a favorable settlement from the liable insurer
- Leave you without options for seeking damages
- Jeopardize your financial standing
- Make it impossible to hold the other party financially accountable
Our lawyers in Seattle are well aware of the filing deadlines for civil cases. From the moment you partner with us, we set your case in motion and avoid missing any approaching deadlines.
The Availability of Evidence
Even if it’s clear that a drunk driver caused your accident, we need evidence to secure a settlement. Yet, much of this evidence won’t last forever. In fact, certain items, like traffic camera footage, only last a few weeks before they become unavailable.
We want to gather as much evidence as possible to promote a smooth claims process. Supporting information in your case may comprise:
- Photos of the accident scene and your car’s damage
- Any applicable medical records
- Receipts and bills for various damages
- Eyewitness testimony
- The police report
- The results of any Breathalyzer or blood test exams
We may also consult accident reconstruction specialists and other field professionals to glean further insight into your case’s details. The more information we have, the stronger your case could be.
When asked about how they felt after partnering with us, our clients say one thing: relief. We aim to provide peace of mind to everyone we serve. To learn more about partnering with our team, you can start a free, no-obligation case review. During our conversation, we can answer your questions and explain your next steps. Dial (206) 588-4344 to get started.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.
We’re proud to fight—and win—for injured people in Kent, Washington. View our case results to learn more.
- Washington State Department of Transportation. (2019). Crashes Involving – Motorcycles. Retrieved from https://remoteapps.wsdot.wa.gov/highwaysafety/collision/data/portal/public
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.