Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Kent, WA
- Dealing With Bicycle Accident Injuries After a Crash? Our Team Has Your Back
- People We’ve Helped Recover Compensation Following an Accident in Washington
- Forms of Compensation You Can Seek After a Bicycle Accident in Kent, WA
- Filing a Kent, WA, Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Within the Statute of Limitations
- Drivers Cause Most Car-Bicycle Crashes, Not Cyclists
- Common Washington State Cycling Injuries Can Cause Lifelong Damage
- Don’t Wait to Protect Your Future After a Bike Crash. Contact Herschensohn Law Today
Your Case Deserves Serious Support From Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Cyclists have the same rights to the road as people in motor vehicles. However, not everyone takes the responsibility of sharing the road seriously—costing the people in Kent and the Greater Seattle area their health, peace of mind, and money as a result.
If you were hit and injured in a car accident while riding your bike, attorney Zach Herschensohn will fight to maximize the value of your claim so that you can get the medical treatment you need and deserve.
Herschensohn Law has won millions in settlements and verdicts for injury victims throughout Kent and the Seattle Metro area. We have experience helping injured bicyclists get the financial compensation they’re entitled to recover. Discover what an experienced and aggressive Kent bicycle accident attorney can do for you. Call us today at (206) 588-4344.
Between handling the back and forth with insurance companies, healing from your injuries, and balancing everyday life, building a bicycle accident case can prove overwhelming quickly. Thankfully, you don’t have to go through this process on your own.
Zach Herschensohn is an experienced negotiator who won’t back down from the insurance company or stop fighting unless your needs are met and medical bills covered. And if the insurance company won’t make you a fair settlement offer, he’s more than capable of playing hardball and fighting for you in court. In fact, he’s a well-respected trial attorney who thrives on representing injury victims in front of a judge and jury.
We offer all of our help on a contingency-fee basis. That way, you don’t pay any out-of-pocket or upfront fees. Your attorney only charges you if he settles or wins your case.
Our team has helped hundreds of injured clients recover the compensation they deserve. We aim to provide optimal client care. Take a look at one of our client testimonials:
“Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Zach Herschensohn provided me with excellent service. He kept me well informed and explained complicated issues in a way I could understand. He took the lead and guided me through everything necessary to achieve a successful outcome. Overall, I am very pleased with his service and would highly recommend him to anyone.”
If you were hurt in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to collect various damages. How much you can recover depends on the nature of your injuries and the crash, your medical bills, and the effects on your personal and professional lives.
Still, common damages bicycle accident claimants pursue include:
- Lost income
- Reduced earning potential
- Past and future medical treatment costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Because bicyclists are so vulnerable to serious injuries in accidents, they may pass away. If you lost a loved one to negligence, you could recover various damages, such as final medical bills, burial and funeral expenses, and loss of inheritance or financial support.
Sometimes, filing a lawsuit against the other party is the most suitable legal route for your case. Keep in mind that, in most cases, the state sets the filing deadline at three years, per RCW 4.16.080.
Certain factors can lengthen or shorten how much time you have to file. In any case, consult our firm right away to determine which time frame applies to your situation. If the deadline expires, you may forfeit your right to hold the other party financially accountable for your damages, leaving you to shoulder that burden alone.
Riding a bicycle is good for your mind and body—unless you’re hit and injured by someone in a car-bike accident. In a recent year, there were 1,303 crashes involving cyclists on Washington State roads. In 92% of those collisions, people got hurt. Nine people died.
Unfortunately, most bicycle collisions are caused by motorists’ mistakes.
Some of the most common ways drivers’ reckless actions cause crashes include:
- Going through a stop sign
- Running a red light
- Failure to yield the right of way when making a turn
- Impaired or drunk driving
- Tailgating or other aggressive driving
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Ignoring traffic signs
- Pulling into the crosswalk at an intersection
- Fatigued driving
- Dooring (opening a car door into the path of an oncoming cyclist)
- Poor visibility
Other times, bike riders crash due to faulty or defective roads. In other cases, someone’s dog or another animal may have run out into the path of the bicyclist and caused the crash.
While rider error does contribute to a small percentage of crashes, most collisions involving bicyclists are preventable and due to the reckless actions and inattention of others.
“Zach will always take time and give you quality advice that you can trust. Highly recommended!”
Depending on what type of protective gear you’re wearing and the circumstances of your crash, cycling injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to serious and potentially fatal injuries.
Some of the most common injuries bicyclists sustain in accidents with motor vehicles include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): While it’s the law in Kent and King counties to wear a helmet when riding your bicycle, a collision can still cause a severe head or brain injury. Concussions, which are a kind of TBI, are all too common. TBIs are serious injuries that may require extensive treatment and long-term care, depending on what happened.
- Fractured or broken bones: Due to their lack of protection, it’s common for bicyclists to sustain fractured or broken hands, wrists, elbows, collarbones, legs, and ribs. This can occur from impact or from being crushed or pinned against an object.
- Neck and back injuries: Slipped discs, herniated discs, fractured vertebrae in the spine, muscle strains, and muscle sprains are all common neck and back injuries bicyclists suffer in crashes. These injuries are often serious and may require physical therapy, surgery, and long-term care.
- Injuries to the face: While a helmet can protect a bicyclist’s head and brain, it doesn’t offer much protection for the rider’s face. A bicycle crash may result in broken, chipped or lost teeth, facial lacerations and bruises, scarring, a broken nose, or a broken jaw.
- Road rash: Any time a bicyclist is knocked down or ejected from their bike, they run the risk of having their skin torn apart by the unforgiving asphalt. Extremely painful and easily infected if not properly treated, road rash is a serious injury, according to Healthline.
Unfortunately, these injuries can make getting back on your feet difficult. You shouldn’t have to worry about paying your bills or going to work when you also need to heal after a traumatic crash. To make things more complicated, the insurance company may attempt to downplay the severity of your injuries, and the insurance adjuster may push you to accept minimal compensation.
If you find yourself in this difficult situation, don’t cave into their pressure. Personal injury lawyer Zach Herschensohn and his team are here to support injured cyclists in Kent and the greater Seattle area.
To learn more about how our firm of dedicated personal injury attorneys can support you after a Kent or Seattle bicycle crash, please don’t hesitate to contact our law firm for a free case evaluation. We can meet with you in a private meeting to hear what happened and offer no-nonsense legal advice about what to do next.
Our team of Kent bicycle accident lawyers will always be straightforward with you, and you won’t have to worry about paying for our legal services unless we win on your behalf.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.