Graham Truck Accident Lawyer
If you got hurt in a truck collision that was not your fault, a Graham truck accident lawyer could help you hold the at-fault party accountable for your injuries and other losses. You do not have to fight the truck driver, the transportation company, or their insurance companies on your own. We can help.
Truck accident lawyers with experience representing truck accident victims know how different each case can be from the last. They are also aware of unique laws and regulations that may change the way a truck accident case is conducted. For example, there are government regulations for tractor-trailers that do not apply to passenger cars. We know what documents to look for that could prove negligence.
If you suffered severe truck accident injuries, you deserve a firm legal advocate who will stand up for your rights. Call (253) 320-8524 to get started, today.
Types of Recoverable Damages in Graham Truck Accident Cases
The kinds of damages you could pursue after a truck accident will depend on your situation, as each person suffers unique personal and financial losses. We will need to talk to you and investigate the accident before we can determine what you may be eligible to recover.
Here are some of the types of money damages we have recovered for our truck accident clients:
- Medical expenses. People who survive truck crashes often have a stack of medical bills for the treatment of their severe injuries. You should not have to pay medical bills for an accident that was not your fault.
- Lost wages. Usually, injured people need time away from the job to recuperate. If your boss did not pay you your full regular wages or salary, you have a financial loss.
- Lost earning capacity. Even after a person completes their medical treatment and reaches the maximum expected level of recuperation from their injuries, they might still have limitations from their wounds. These impairments could make them unable to earn as much money as before.
- Long-term care. After a devastating injury that results in loss of motor function or independence, an injured person might depend on at-home or long-term nursing care.
- Pain and suffering. This category encompasses the physical discomfort and emotional distress of the truck accident and the individual’s injuries.
You might have additional losses. Your Graham truck accident attorneys want to know about all of your losses from the collision.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one because of a truck crash, we are sorry for your loss. We know how difficult it can be to make ends meet while you’re grieving, especially if you lost a source of income. We might be able to pursue a wrongful death claim or lawsuit to secure compensation on behalf of surviving family members.
What Herschensohn Law Does for Truck Collision Clients
We won a $1.2 million settlement for the family of a retired man who lost his life in a truck crash. His family deserved compensation for their loss and the suffering they endured, and we made that happen for them.
When you put your truck accident or wrongful death case in our hands, you can focus on rebuilding your life. You will not have to deal with the defendants or their insurance carriers because we take care of those things for you.
We negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer and try to reach a fair settlement. If appropriate, we can file a lawsuit to hold the careless party accountable for their actions.
How Contingency Fees Work in Graham Truck Crash Injury Claims
You will not have to pay us any upfront legal fees to get our help on your truck accident case. We use contingency fee arrangements on personal injury cases, including truck collisions. We work on the case until the end without receiving progress payments for our work.
We only get paid when you win. That way, you never pay out of pocket for our help.
The Filing Deadline for Truck Accident Cases in Graham
Generally, you have 3 years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Washington, according to RCW 4.16.080. If you exceed this time limit, also called the statute of limitations, you may be barred from pursuing your case.
Our firm wants to help protect your right to compensation by tracking these deadlines on your behalf. Your case may have exceptions that shorten this deadline, but an attorney can interpret the statute for your situation.
Who Can Be Liable for Your Injuries After a Graham Truck Collision
One of the reasons that truck crash injury claims are more complex than Car accidents is that there could be more than one liable party.
For example, many truck drivers are employees, not contractors. If that is the case, their employer may be vicariously liable for the harm they caused on the job.
Other potentially liable parties include:
- Cargo loading companies
- Truck maintenance technicians
- Fleet owners
- Truck and truck part manufacturers
- Third-party motorists
Whoever caused or contributed to your crash, we will uncover evidence that demonstrates their liability and pursue them for what you deserve.
Three Things to Do After Getting Hurt in a Truck Crash in Graham
We assume that, by the time you read this, you have already gotten an initial medical examination and received treatment for your known injuries. If you have not gotten medical attention, we urge you to do so right away.
Every case is unique, and you should always do what is sensible in your situation. Here are a few suggestions of what to do if you got hurt in a commercial truck accident:
- Preserve the evidence. Take photographs of the accident scene before someone alters the conditions. Skid marks, debris in the road, and other critical items can disappear quickly.
- Continue your medical treatment. Even if you feel like you don’t need to continue treatment, you must finish your treatment plan according to your physician’s instructions. This is not just best for your health and recovery. The defendant might try to pay you less money if you do not finish your physical therapy or other treatment.
- Talk to a truck accident law firm that serves Graham, Washington. You do not have to go through this process by yourself or deal with aggressive claim adjusters. We can take all of that off of your plate so you can rest and recuperate.
Choose Herschensohn Law for Your Truck Accident Case in Graham, Washington
The lawyers at Herschensohn Law offer a free initial consultation with no obligation. Come find out how we can help you. Simply reach out to us at (253) 320-8524 to get started.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.