Graham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Nestled between Puget Sound and Mount Rainier are gorgeous roads and trails perfect for motorcycle riding. Motorcyclists take their bikes on the road because they love to ride—the adrenaline, the serenity, the happy hormones—everything’s all good. Until it’s not. In 2022, there were 18 motorcycle fatalities in Pierce County, making up 2% of the total in Washington State for that year, according to data from the Traffic Safety Commission’s dashboard. In all, 132 people suffered fatal injuries, data show.
Motorcycle accidents affect many riders and their families, so we fight for full compensation that can help them recover. Our Graham motorcycle accident lawyers work hard and have an extensive history of protecting riders’ rights. If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash, call our office at (253) 320-8524 for a free consultation.
Compensation You Could Recover After a Motorcycle Accident in Graham, WA
Even minor accidents involving motorcycles can damage your bike and injure you. If another’s negligence triggered a crash, you have the right to demand compensation for your losses.
The amount you could receive depends on several factors, such as the severity of your injuries, your prognosis, the negligent act(s) that caused the crash, and how bad the damage is to your motorcycle, among other things. Your insurance claim or injury lawsuit will typically seek economic and non-economic damages. In the case of a motorcycle accident, damages should compensate you for the losses you suffered.
Economic damages cover your accident-related financial losses. They might include:
- Medical expenses, which can include all health care from an ambulance to surgery, rehab and prescriptions, medical devices, or even adaptation of your home to your physical needs and anticipated future medical costs.
- Property repair or replacement, such as your motorcycle and helmet, or personal property like a tablet or phone.
- The income you lose from being unable to work during recovery, if your injuries require you to change jobs and you lose earning power, or long-term future earnings if you can’t return to work.
- Transportation costs, such as Uber or rentals.
- Expenditures you’ve made for help around the house as you focus on recovery, such as cooking, cleaning, or yard work.
Non-economic damages are non-financial losses many accident victims incur, such as:
- The pain and suffering you feel physically and mentally from the moment the accident occurs, including what you could experience months and years down the road, depending on your prognosis.
- The inconvenience of such a disruption to your life, which could mean weeks of no transportation and filling out insurance forms, or years or even a lifetime adjusting to the permanent damage your injuries have caused.
- The depression and anguish many feel after getting hurt in a crash.
- Adjusting to a disability, scarring, or disfigurement and how such an injury affects your daily life.
- The disruption and change in your personal and professional relationships due to the physical and mental effects of your injuries.
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, as a close relative you may pursue wrongful death damages in Graham, Washington, including but not limited to:
- Medical expenses accrued from the time of the accident to the time of death
- Loss of love and emotional support
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship
After collecting the necessary information, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Graham will outline what to expect for a full and fair compensation settlement or verdict.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Protect You
Our Graham motorcycle accident lawyers listen to your story and then go to work advocating for you in the pursuit of a strong compensation claim.
The specifics of each case we handle will determine our approach, but generally, our process could involve the following:
Our investigative experts speak with eyewitnesses, collect video from sources at the accident site, review police and medical reports, look into the driving history of parties involved in the accident, note the weather and road conditions at the time of the crash, and, when necessary, reconstruct the accident.
We look at all aspects of a motorcycle accident, with a particular focus on finding proof of liability and negligence. The law is clear on what is required to prove negligence in a personal injury case:
- Duty: The driver had a duty of care to operate a motor vehicle safely on the roads and follow driving laws.
- Breach: Unlike a “reasonably prudent person,” the driver did something or failed to do something that resulted in him failing to perform his duty.
- Causation: The action or inaction the driver took (the breach) caused the accident, which caused the injury.
- Damages: You suffered losses because of the other driver’s actions or inactions and deserve compensation.
We will speak with all involved parties in your case on your behalf. This prevents you from conversing with anyone and reduces the chance of saying or doing something against your interests. Once we file your claim, we can negotiate with the insurance company for the compensation settlement you deserve.
Representation in Court
If negotiations fail to arrive at a full and fair settlement amount, we can prepare for trial and represent you in court.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Graham, WA
After an accident, a crash victim will file a claim against the insurance company(s) of the liable party or parties for appropriate compensation. If the liable party is not insured or the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
In Washington state, victims have three years from the date of the accident to file such a suit. The time limit can be fluid, depending on various factors. Our personal injury attorneys will discuss with you how the statute of limitations applies to your case.
Herschensohn Law in Graham, WA
Attorney Zach Herschensohn founded Herschensohn Law in Washington State to protect the rights of injured individuals and their families. When you’re hurt and struggling with pain and a load of unexpected bills coming through the door, working with a team of attorneys who never back down from a fight helps lift some of the stress weighing you down.
We have successfully won hundreds of cases and recovered millions in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We’re proud to be recognized in our field:
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Top Verdict.com Top 20 Jury Verdicts Personal Injury
Clients like P.R. share with us their experiences with our law firm, and we appreciate their words:
“Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Zach Herschensohn provided me with excellent service. He kept me well informed and explained complicated issues in a way I could understand. He took the lead and guided me through everything necessary to achieve a successful outcome. Overall, I am very pleased with his service and would highly recommend him to anyone.”
You Can Afford Excellent Legal Representation
We know that accidents can strain family budgets. We offer you a free case consultation where you have a chance to share your story and get your questions answered. Then, if moving forward seems the best step for you, we work on a contingency basis, which means that you do not pay attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you.
We firmly believe that you should focus on your recovery and let us worry about the rest.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Due to Negligence
Motorcycle riders take care when on the road because the very thing that gives them a feeling of freedom, exposure to the environment, is also the thing that can cause the most harm if they’re in an accident.
Motorcycle accidents that result from negligence may be caused by:
- Drivers making left-hand turns at intersections. They aren’t always careful when observing oncoming traffic and will turn into the path of a motorcyclist.
- Drivers pulling out to pass a vehicle without noticing the motorcyclist in the next lane.
- Distracted drivers talking on the phone, texting, or talking with a passenger and not watching the road.
- Drivers impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers speeding or driving in other reckless ways, such as making sudden stops or tailgating.
- Drivers or driver-side passengers in parked cars opening their car doors without checking for motorcycle riders.
Whatever you believe caused your accident, and even if you think you share fault for the accident, please speak with our attorneys who are knowledgeable about the motorcycle and driving laws in Washington. Make no assumptions. Protect your future by sharing your story about the motorcycle accident with one of our legal professionals today.
Call Us for Your Free Consultation Today After a Graham, WA, Motorcycle Accident
Our team is here for you. It is a privilege to represent you, we proudly support motorcycle riders in Graham, Washington. Call our office today at (253) 320-8524 to book a time for your free case consultation that is convenient for you.
Our results speak for themselves
After a worker was electrocuted on a construction site and suffered life-changing injuries, we fought and won on their behalf.
When a retired man was killed in a truck accident, we made sure his grieving family got fair compensation.
When a defective medical device harmed our client, we fought to ensure they had the financial compensation needed to recover.
Hurt? Let our law firm handle the details
When you request your free consultation, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn will listen to you, answer your questions, lay out your legal options, and give you down-to-earth legal advice.
When you work with our law office, there are no obligations, hidden fees, or fine print. It’s that simple.